The restoration and regeneration of Penllergare Valley
Woods depends on a thorough understanding of the significance
- Its landscape and ecology – how they evolved
and were manipulated
- the people who lived, worked and played there, and
- their records, memories and associations with the place.
This understanding involves ongoing archival study, field
work and evaluation of:
- private and published records
- a unique collection of contemporary photography
- oral recollections and consultations, and
- archaeological, structural and ecological surveys.
Most of the Trust’s research and surveys are deposited
for free public reference at the West Glamorgan Archive
Service in the Civic Centre, Swansea: for further information
telephone 01792 636589, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The section following is a selection of imagery and descriptions
of significant features in the Penllergare landscape and
is also intended to be accessible by visitors to Valley
Woods with internet connection.
Comments, suggestions or enquiries are always welcome:
telephone 01558 650416, or email email@example.com